CENTRAL LABORATORY OF LEGAL METROLOGY (CLLM)
CLLM is located at Legal Metrology Bhavan, Kakkanad, Ernakulam
Functions of Central laboratory are:
- Custody of Secondary Standards in the State
- Maintain Secondary Standards Laboratory
- Verify and issue certificates of working standards of Legal Metrology offices and check measures used by Assistant Controllers
- Be responsible for periodical verification and certification of Secondary Standards with Regional Reference Standards Laboratory or National Physical Laboratory
- Conduct proper training on maintenance of Working Standards
- Conduct frequent inspections in the working standard laboratories of Legal Metrology offices
CLLM proud to be the one and only NABL accredited Secondary Standards Laboratory in the entire country.
A Sphygmomanometer Verification Laboratory is also functions under CLLM.
Facilities to verify water meters, thermometers and high capacity Standard weights are being housed in CLLM.