Empowering consumers through proper education of their rights and privileges is one of the basic necessities to ensure social justice in Kerala’s consumer society. Department of Legal Metrology shoulders this responsibility with focus. Department organizes following programmes to achieve this goal.
- Celebrates National Consumers Day on 24th Deccember statewide and districtwise.
- Celebrates World Consumer Rights day on 15th March with regional level programmes as “Consumer week” in all the three regions.
- Organises “Consumer Help desk” associated with major festivals like Onam, Ramzan and Christmas.
- Conducts consumer awareness programmes in schools and colleges for Student Police Cadets, National Service Schemes, NCC etc.
- Prepares leaflet, conducts exhibitions, seminars etc and airs advertisement through print, visual, audio and social media.