The Department of Legal Metrology under Government of Kerala is relentlessly striving hard to enforce and maintain the established standards in the state of Kerala, to regulate inter-state trade or commerce in weights, measures and other goods which are sold or distributed by weight, measure or number for the protection of the interest of the consumers. Every consumers has the right to get the right quantity in weight, measure or number for what the paid for.
Every commodities in packaged form which are, or are intended or likely to be sold, distributed or delivered or offered or displayed for sale, distribution or delivery or stored for sale or for distribution or delivery shall bear the mandatory declaration.
- Name and address of the manufacturer, packer and for any imported package the name and address of the importer.
- The common or generic names of the commodity contained in the package.
- The net quantity in terms of the standard units of weight or measure of the commodity contained in the package or where the commodity is packed or sold by number, the number of the commodity contained in the package.
- The month and year in which the commodity is manufactured or pre packed or imported.
- The retail sale price of the package.
Where the size of the commodity contained in the package are relevant the dimension of the different pieces are different, the dimensions of each such different piece.